Surrogacy has been in the news quite a bit in the last few years. I haven’t been blown away by most of the stories; the slant is a bit off at times or doesn’t give the full story or only focuses on sensational aspects. However,they might be interesting reading/viewing.
- Meet the “Twiblings” (NY Times Dec. 29, 2010)
- No Stork Involved, but Mom and Dad Had Help. (NY Times July 11, 2009)
- Addicted to Surrogacy (BBC July 12, 2009)
- The Curious Lives of Surrogates (Newsweek April 7, 2008 )
- Special Report: The Surrogate (St. Petersburg Times Fall 2008 )
- Her Body, My Baby (NY Times Nov. 28, 2008 ) Beware: this is a VERY controversial article. I like that she discusses the IM’s perspective, but the author is very wealthy and some of what she writes reinforces stereotypes about surrogates.
- Surrogates: Redefining Motherhood (CBS News Sunday Morning, January 25, 2009)