My friend Furrowed Fox is letting her sick time go to her head and is nominating several of us to reveal deep, dark secrets. Sounds fun, right?!?!
This is my attempt to be normal and answer the questions I was assigned by Furrowed Fox.
- Who/What’s your go to music/song/artist when you’re feeling down and need a pick-me-up?I’m weird and like my weird songs. I prefer my NIN, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Lit, etc. Nothing makes me feel better than “November Rain” on the radio. But I also like hip hop: DMX, Eminem, Mary J Blige, Dr Dre etc. All make me feel more chipper.
- What accomplishment are you most proud of? Grad school. I had always wanted an advanced degree. Bachelors degrees weren’t that unfamiliar but graduate were new to my family. Grad school wasn’t difficult, but it took a while.
- What is your go to comfort food? Oh wow. So many. Mac & cheese most likely. I’m a sucker for mac & cheese.
- What advice would you give your 20 year old self if you could? If you don’t want to teach school, it is not the end of the world and there is a LOT you can do and the salary is good.
- To date, what was your happiest moment in life? Holding my newborn son in my arms after our amazing gestational surrogate had given birth.
- And what was your saddest? Saying goodbye to my father. I wasn’t ready. Who is? But he was gone. I wish so much I had been able to have a thorough, lucid conversation with him for closure.
- If you were a Muppet which one would you be and why? Honestly, I’m not sure if I know enough about the muppets to answer this question. Maybe Gonzo? Ack!
- Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Neither. I don’t eat chocolate ever.
- Who – person, character, alive, dead, fictional, cartoon – would you most like to have a conversation with? Queen Elizabeth I. I love her approach to politics, and I don’t judge her for not being perfect when it comes to race relations and tolerance. It was the 16th century!!! But I admire how hard she tried to keep everything together and to make sure she was aware of the latest opinions when it comes to, well, everything.
- Cake or pie? Cake. A nice pound cake w/ awesome caramel icing.;
That was fun! But I’m going to break the rules and not nominate 10 other bloggers and think of more questions. See… The anti-sunshine 😉