‘Twas the night after the election…
I’m rather brain dead tonight, so you will be treated to rambling and nonsense. Sorry.
- My household is very happy with the outcome of the election (obviously). I really hope that magically we can restore some civility to our discourse and not call the President of the United States very thinly veiled racial slurs or cast doubt upon his citizenship or devotion to this country any longer. I also hope that somehow a sense of bipartisanship permeates DC. I can dream, right?
- I’m attending the Internet Summit tomorrow, so you might want to mute me for a bit because I will likely tweet a lot, but it probably won’t be snarky. Maybe. Depends on the speakers. I’m excited to attend because I attended the first few years but missed the last 2, so it’s good to be back. I love learning about the latest in social media, search and email. And I’m out of the office. What’s not to love?
- Daniel and I had a delightful conversation tonight about what he wants Santa to bring him. His mind is getting so complex! I love discovering his little personality. I wish we could buy him everything. I know that would likely be a disaster, but oh, the urge to give him everything his little heart desires is strong.
- Remember how on Sunday I extolled how our first day with the time change had been fine? Well, then the work week started. It’s dark when we leave daycare, which is jarring, and Daniel has been much closer to melting down since he’s had no nap and is up a little bit longer than he normally would be. It’s like walking a tightrope, but so far we’re handling the change OK and avoiding horrific meltdowns. Our hope is that by the weekend, he will have adjusted to the time change. Pretty, pretty please with whipped cream and cherries on top. Truthfully, I think that we’re going to have to split up daycare duties sooner rather than later and have Jimmy take him to daycare while I pick him up so that I can leave earlier. It felt like we had so little time with him in the evenings already, but the time change has really exacerbated it.
- We really, really, really want to see Lincoln. Maybe we can see it over Thanksgiving.
- I wish North Carolina had gone for Obama like in 2008, but I’m OK with the outcome although I am a little concerned at what the newly-elected state government will do to education. Again, prayers for good sense and compassion would be welcome.
- I need a new fiction book to read. Any recommendations?
I think that’s all the blather I have. I hope to resume more interesting and substantive posts tomorrow. Have an awesome Thursday!