I have 99 things to do today and unfortunately, work is one of those things.
On Tuesday North Carolinians will have the opportunity to vote for or against Amendment One, an initiative that would amend the NC Constitution to define marriage as between one woman and one man as the only type that will be recognized by the state. There are many reasons why this initiative is stupid and harmful, but the simplest one is because it already is defined that way legally in North Carolina. God, I hate redundancy; don’t you?
You probably can guess which way I intend to vote.
Liberals aren’t the only ones concerned about the repercussions of this amendment passing, so instead of blathering about how I wish the government would stay out of my bedroom and uterus, I invite you to read posts from others, some of whom are conservative, on why they won’t vote for Amendment One:
- A Conservative AGAINST NC Amendment One
- Marriage – April 23, 2012
- VlogMom: Passion and Amendment One
- why i’ll vote against
- An Open Letter to North Carolina
- RANT RANT RANT
- The Reedster Speaks Out Against Hate
- Why You Should Vote Against Amendment One (Even if You Are a Christian Republican)
- A Conservative Christian Against Amendment One
And this one on how social media is being used by opponents of the initiative.
North Carolina, I am proud to be a citizen. I love this state and its long history and usually progressive behavior. You are better than this. We are better than this. Do the right thing on May 8 and vote against Amendment One.